The Crown Princess Mary obsession #5

Sarah's favourite family photo from Verbiér 2015.

Once again it is time to get to know one of you. As previously, I am thrilled to share this post with you because they are so important to me. You -my readers, have become a big part of my life and I'm having so much fun getting to know you better. You should know that I am very grateful for the opportunity to share your stories. This time I have the honor to present Sarah to all of you. Think I have been in touch with Sarah for a few years and it is a pleasure. 

Actually Sarah didn't knew anything about the Danish royal family and only followed Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. She saw the style of our Crown Princess and fell in love with it (just like all of us did). Since Sarah realized how amazing Mary's style was, she started categorize it. each and every year. Now, make her fell welcome.


So Sarah, what made you initially to follow Crown Princess Mary?

"In 2011 I started following Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and came across a blog called 'Kate and Mary' which features both ladies." Next Sarah tells that she only knew very little about the Royal family from Denmark: "I didn't know anything about the Danish Royal Family (in fact I didn't even know there was one!) but I liked what I saw of Mary's style and started follow both of them." This sentence made me smile. In fact we have one of the oldest monarchies in the world with a hundreds year old history. To you who have interest in history, Denmark have a pretty exciting one even though we are a small country. I just mention it if any of you have an interest. 

Sarah's favourite evening dress worn at the BAMBI Award

Could you tell more about your addiction/obsession? How did it all start?

"I soon discovered that Mary had married Frederik in 2004 and that there were more than 7 years of her outfits to look at! I think we all know the felling when we find a new blog or if you are completely new in the royal-blog-world; there are so much to look at and in the beginning it seems overwhelming! She goes on like this: "It was very interesting to see how her style developed and I started to keep pictures of her outfits (I have them in a Word-document, one for each year) and information on the designers of the clothes, accessories etc." Having seen this document, I can tell the rest of you that I rarely get to see anything as well-organized as what Sarah has shared with me. I am truly impressed by her dedication. 

This beautiful hairstyle is absolute loved by Sarah!

Please, tell us why this collection of pictures and information about Crown Princess Mary clothes and accessories have became such an addiction (or inspiration?) to you?

"I really love Mary's style! She's not afraid to experiment with colours and pattern (I don't like clothes with a log of plain colours) and reuses many of her outfits in different and interesting ways. I think she almost always looks appropriate for the occasion she's dressing for and can look good in anything from jeans to a fabulous evening gown."

" She's always well-groomed and accessorizes so well - I love her jewellery and shoes as much as her clothes! There is always something to look forward to when she has en engagement.  

A funny question: does you loved ones think you're a little crazy with all the royal stuff?

Quickly and short she answers: "My loved ones don't really know the extant of my obsession but they would probably think I'm crazy if they did!"


Here you have Sarah's favourite party dress from when Frederik turned 40 years old in 2008

Sarah, I have one last question left to ask you. Do you have any plans for what you will do next with your obsession? 

" I shall just continue with my obsession as it is. I would never be able to afford any of the clothes she wears - and probably wouldn't be able to get them where I live - but I do get inspiration for my own outfits from what Mary wears and think she's a fantastic example of how to dress as you get older without looking too young or too old!" Something I completely understand. The Crown Princess really knows how to dress appropriate in every stage of life. From normal woman to princess, then from princess to Crown Princess and last but not least, from being a mother and at the same time being the Crown Princess of Denmark. 

I hope you enjoyed reading Sarah's post as much as I did working with it. Thank you very much Sarah for sharing your story with the rest of us. It has been a pleasure getting to know you better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment